The Washington Examiner archives my posts here. My personal favorites are:
- Critiquing Arthur Brooks a little then I compliment him indirectly in this one.
- A piece on the corruption of psychiatry, which got interestingly positive response.
- The city of Houston crowding out philanthropy (nicely put).
- And one on the gap between rich and poor, which I would love to expand into a book.
Still plugging away at Ideas Matter, of course.
- These posts got a lot of traction due to the controversy about Francis Fox Piven. Part One and Part Two.
- Otherwise, I enjoy writing the occasional obscure piece about art or DDT.
- Explore the whole site. Job security is nice.
Daily Caller archive is here. I need to do something for them soon.
I wish I could focus more. Believe it or not, I prefer not to blog, but rather to hunker down with a really well-researched, well-crafted piece of writing. I feel like I try to do too much, so I get kinda sloppy and all over the place. Then again, I love to write, so who am I to complain? Still, I hope this year brings opportunities for me to do more focused writing.
Thanks for checking out this survey of my recent work.